Migraine headaches usually cause overwork at work, stress, significant weather changes, and food allergies. But regardless of the reason, headaches do not get any easier. The article below will tell you how to use the reflex points of your arms and legs to reduce and even prevent migraines.
Method 1 Reflex points of the neck and brain on the feet
If the physical cause of migraine is known, then take care of your back, concentrating on the neck area to relieve tension. Processing these reflex points can bring relief from headaches, even if you are not sure what might cause these ailments.
- 1 Position the foot of the right foot in the left hand.
- 2 Using your right thumb, work on the surfaces of your toes, starting with the thumb. If you are experiencing an acute headache attack, and the area of your toes is too sensitive, then create moderate pressure. Squeeze lightly and massage three toes for 5 minutes.
- 3 Repeat the same on the foot of the other leg.
- 4 Engage your thumbs, as well as your fists, to pressure both the soles and feet. Toes contain all the reflex points of your brain, sinus, neck and head.
Method 2 Reflex points of the liver on the foot of the right foot
Migraine is often associated with your digestive system, so improving liver performance is the most important aspect. Your health and energy depend on your liver. And if you exposed your liver to a lifelong load of toxic elements, herbicides, pesticides, fats, medicines, food additives and alcohol, then the liver is now very difficult.
- 1 Support the upper part of your right foot with your left hand and walk the thumb of your right hand over the reflex area of the liver, which is immediately below the reflex point of the lungs.
- 2 With your thumb, work out an area within a radius of 3 centimeters from the inside of the foot to the outside.
- 3 Work the same area in the opposite direction. Your liver is located on the right, so you just need to massage your right foot.
Method 3 Reflex points of the cervical toes
Reflex points of the back are located along the inner side of the feet, the bends of which reflect the spine, and, accordingly, the points of the cervical spine will be located along the big toes.
- 1 Start at the point of the cervical spine, which begins at the junction of the thumb with the foot. Press down on this point and maintain pressure for several minutes.
- 2 Continue to press on the reflex points of other parts of the spine (thoracic, lumbar, sacral, coccygeal).
- 3 Repeat the process on the left foot.
Chinese medicine uses effective treatments for migraines. The therapeutic effect of these techniques is based on the integrated use of acupuncture, acupressure and other reflexology procedures in combination with an individual course of herbal remedies.
Complex treatment of migraine with the help of reflex, physiotherapy and herbal medicine in the doctor’s office of Chinese medicine allows you to:
- eliminate headaches and other symptoms of migraine and prevent their recurrence,
- improve the state of the nervous system, psycho-emotional state,
- prevent migraine complications and the development of other neurological diseases,
- eliminate the effects of stress, mental overload,
- improve sleep quality
- increase stress resistance and emotional stability,
- reduce weather dependence,
- improve hormonal levels,
- improve the quality of life and performance.
Treatment of migraine includes exposure to bioactive points of the nervous system and organs of the endocrine system with acupuncture, acupressure, moxotherapy. These procedures in combination with herbal remedies of directed action: harmonize the nervous system, improve the energy balance of the body, normalize the work of the endocrine system and neuroendocrine regulation of the body.
Physiotherapy methods for migraine - therapeutic massage, cupping - are usually used with an emphasis on the cervical-collar zone. Migraine treatment is carried out individually, taking into account all the causes and factors of the disease, the characteristics of the nervous system, hormonal status, the nature of metabolic processes, the presence of concomitant diseases. Such an individual, integrated approach provides maximum efficiency and in the vast majority of cases allows you to achieve positive results for the treatment of migraine.
Acupuncture Migraine Treatment Benefits
1. Long-term and reliable headache management
Treatment of migraine with Chinese medicine methods eliminates not only recurring headache attacks, but also affects the cause of their occurrence - disorders of the nervous and endocrine systems. Thanks to this, seizures are becoming more rare and finally stop. This achieves a long-lasting and lasting healing effect (in contrast to the use of painkillers or sleeping pills).
2. No side effects
In Chinese medicine, the elimination of headaches with migraines is achieved without the use of analgesics, non-steroidal, narcotic, hormonal and other drugs. Treatment of migraine with reflex and physiotherapy, as well as herbal remedies used, does not have negative side effects, is completely safe and practically has no contraindications.
3. The complex effect of treatment
The treatment of migraine in the doctor’s office of Chinese medicine improves the state of the nervous system and hormonal regulation of the body. Thanks to this, not only headaches and other symptoms of migraine disappear, but also other neurological and hormone-dependent diseases are prevented. Thus, a comprehensive recovery of the body occurs.
Treatment of migraine with the methods of Chinese medicine can reliably eliminate not only headaches, but also the whole complex of symptoms of the disease. Migraine treatment is carried out after a comprehensive diagnosis, identifying all the factors that led to the development of the disease, and eliminating other causes of headaches.
Attacks of a headache with migraine have distinct features and are accompanied by a number of additional symptoms. The headache is intense, pulsating in nature and is usually felt in one half of the head, although in some cases it can spread to the neck, upper jaw, one or both eyes, or the entire head.
Migraine attacks occur regularly or sporadically, but must be repeated (migraine is diagnosed with at least five attacks). The duration of migraine headaches is from 1 to 72 hours (most often from 4 to 12 hours). With a longer duration of the attack, migraine is diagnosed as a migraine status.
Additional symptoms accompanying a headache during migraine are, first of all, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, intolerance to loud sounds, bright light, pungent odors, as well as visual aberrations, irritability, depressed mood, drowsiness, lethargy, high fatigue. In addition, with migraine, a heaviness in the epigastric region may be felt, associated with impaired gastric motility and a delay in its contents (stomach stasis).
Migraine with aura
Visual aberrations that occur before a migraine attack or simultaneously with headaches are called an aura. These include the flashing of flies, the fog before the eyes, the flickering of light, visual hallucinations. In the presence of these symptoms, a migraine with aura is diagnosed.
In addition to visual impairment, migraine with aura can be accompanied by auditory, tactile and olfactory hallucinations and speech impairment.
Migraine with aura accounts for up to 20% of all cases of the disease and presents a particular risk of complications in the form of strokes and heart attacks. In 80% of cases, a migraine occurs without an aura.
Method 4 Reflex points of the neck and brain in the arms
Take care of the reflex points of the brain and cervical spine to reduce stress-related migraines.
- 1 Rub your hands against each other to warm up and activate nerve endings.
- 2 Look at the map of the reflex points of the hands to find the corresponding points of the neck, brain, and back.
- 3 Start with the reflex points of the brain, applying pressure from the tip of the thumb of the left hand. Keep pressure steady at this point for one minute, and then release.
- 4 Continue to work with your left thumb, covering all the reflex points of the back located on the outside of the thumb and the area along the brush.
- 5 Squeeze the tips of the remaining fingers, which will affect the brain.
- 6 Continue to squeeze from your fingertips to their bases.
- 7 Repeat the same on the right hand.
Method 5 Reflex points of the liver on the right hand
Treat these points for cases of migraine associated with food allergies.
- 1 Locate the reflex point of the liver on the arm. On your palm, about 2 centimeters lower from the base of your fingers on the left side of your right hand.
- 2 Press and massage the reflex points of the liver with the thumb of your left hand for several minutes.
- 3 Turn your hand over and find the reflex point of the liver on the outside of the hand. In the same place as in the palm of your hand, this area extends from the bone leading to the index finger to the bone turning into the little finger, about 2 centimeters lower from the base of the fingers. Work on this area for several minutes.