Volleyball is a team sport, the essence of the game is the competition of two teams on a special volleyball court, which is divided by a grid. The task of the players is to direct the ball towards the opponent so that he touches the floor on the side of the opponent.
The key to a successful game is the right serve. As the coaches note, the volleyball technique is half the victory. This is especially true for beginner players. In men's volleyball, the technique of passing and serving the ball is attributed to the crucial element of the game.
Ways to make a submission
This typology implies two supply options: planning and power in the jump. Before completing any of the innings, the player must follow the following rules:
- Most importantly, full concentration on the pitch. To do this, in complete tranquility, stand at the place of supply and analyze how and where to throw the ball.
- The athlete must occupy a high stance. The flight of the ball depends on the position of the body and front leg.
- The countdown starts after the referee whistles. The athlete is given exactly eight seconds to complete the element. Usually volleyball players hit the ball in the fourth second. Before this, you should hit the ball several times on the floor, take a deep breath and decide which way the ball will fly.
Professional volleyball players note that competent presentation can decide the outcome of any competition, even the most difficult and exciting.
The order of execution begins with the throwing of the ball into the air and swing up. Further, the action plan is as follows:
- The ball is thrown every time in the same place.
- The height should be small.
- The ball is thrown forward in the direction of impact, it should fly smoothly and not rotate.
- Then hit the ball. Hand movement during the stroke should be natural, take a small step forward with one foot to adjust the position in relation to the ball and apply force to the stroke.
- To hit the ball follows the base of the palm, the kick should be short and jerky.
- Beating should be done only in the center of the ball; continuous visual control is needed.
If the pitch is made in accordance with all the rules, the ball must fly towards the opponent without rotation and, most importantly, is unpredictable for the opponent. This technique of serving the ball in volleyball is quite popular.
Professional volleyball players note that the serve is almost the only element of the game, the responsibility for which lies entirely with the player. Competent power supply is a powerful weapon of modern volleyball.
Jump force technique is akin to an attacking strike. The submission procedure is as follows:
- The athlete must take a position approximately three meters from the back of the court and prepare.
- Next, move the body weight forward.
- Then you need to take a step with your left foot forward and at the same time toss the ball a few meters up and forward.
- Next, you should take a step with your right foot, but already wide and fast, which resembles a step with an attacking strike. Hands are relaxed.
- The throw ends with a short step with the left foot, the foot should be directed inward in order to start the throw with a body turn and a wide swing up with both hands at once.
- Get ready for a strike by bending the body.
- Take your right hand behind your back and hit the ball at the highest point.
- It is important to give the ball top or side rotation.
The most common mistakes made during a feed are as follows: performing a strike at different heights of the toss, lack of visual control. The blow should be short, long brush followings are fraught with poor delivery, the difference between the race line and the ball's flight path.
In some sources, they also single out such a technique for serving the ball in volleyball as targeted delivery, in which the bet is placed on the “weak” player of the team or whoever replaced, as well as on an uncomfortable zone or any other weaknesses of the opponent.
Classification according to the position of the server relative to the grid
Regarding the mesh, there are direct and side feeds. The direct ball feeding technique in volleyball is carried out when the server faces the net, the athlete immediately sees the opponent and does not lose visual control of the ball. Also, a direct hit allows you to immediately return to your area after serving. Side feed is carried out when the volleyball player is at an angle to the net. This arrangement does not allow for all types of strikes. Some experts emphasize a rather rare type of serve, which is carried out when the server stands with his back to the opponent and strikes through himself. However, such a strike is used extremely rarely only because there is no eye contact with both the ball and the opponent.
Typology of filing according to the position of the ball, player and point of impact
This classification includes lower, upper and side feeds. Let's analyze each of them:
- The technique of lowering the ball in volleyball is carried out on the lower part, which is at a low level, relative to the player. This style of presentation is used quite often, because it is very simple, accurate and allows the volleyball player to get anywhere in the court. The bottom feed is especially suitable for beginners who cannot yet feed another type.
- With lateral delivery, the blow directs just below the middle of the ball, which is at chest level at the time of the impact. This type of feed is used only if the feed is on the side of the grid. Lateral delivery is more complicated than the lower one and requires some skills from athletes. However, it has more advantages, since the reception of such a feed is difficult.
- The most difficult type of feed is the top. It requires the athlete maximum physical effort. The ball is hit when it is above head level. The advantage of such a feed is a short way to the opponent, he may not have time to orient. Top volleyball can be combined with others.
Each volleyball player must learn each serving technique and, in addition, also be able to combine these methods. Situations during the competition can occur the most unpredictable, only victory depends on the effectiveness of the actions of the server. An important role is played not only by theoretical knowledge, but also by the technique of serving the ball in volleyball, as well as the physical capabilities of the athlete.
The server is usually located far from the back line, which contributes to greater fluctuation of the ball. The brush in relation to the forearm and shoulder is tensed, which gives the ball acceleration. To increase the force of the blow, the server bends the arm slightly, then throws the ball in front of him and delivers a short and sharp blow to the center of the ball with the base of the palm, without accompanying it. The body weight upon impact is transferred to the front standing leg. The ball is not given any rotation, its flight path is almost parallel to the floor. Because of this, the projectile encounters great air resistance, arbitrarily changing the direction of flight, which makes it difficult to receive the feed.